Friday, January 15, 2010

1/12-1/15

1/12

2K Row

6:58.6

Not too happy with how this one went. Made the mistake on not rowing next to my brother, who smoked me on this. Just need to get over mental weakness on endurance work. I hate doing these kinds of workouts, but that is not a good enough excuse to not stay tough through them.

1/13

Bench Press 162x5, 183x3, 205x6 (off a max of 240)

Deadhang pull-ups 7/5/5

3 rounds of Barbara

Splits: 2:07, 3:51, 5:33
Total time 17:31

Relatively happy with how the bench went. I still suck at deadhangs, but I'm going to start doing them a minimum of 2x/week. Metcon is something that I knew wasn't going to be my strong suit. No pacing, just went as hard as I could. First round was fast then muscle fatigue on push-ups ended up being the limiting factor.

1/14

Train wreck of a day. Went in to work on muscle-ups and snatch. Sucked at both. Couldn't do anything. Somedays, you just have to be smart enough to know that it's not happening. I pretty much felt it as soon as I arrived at the box. Could have quit 5 minutes in and saved myself the energy.

1/15

Back Squat 249x5, 283x3, 316x5 (off new adjusted max of 370)

Deadhang pull-ups 8/4 Max kipping 16

Metcon: 25/20/15/10/5 of 72# KBS, 24" box jump, 20# WB

9:30

Pretty happy with how the squat went. 316 was a number that I hadn't ever thought about repping out at, so I felt pretty good about getting 5. 8 is as many deadhangs as I've gotten for a while. Still a long way to go, but it's a start. Didn't push the kipping set. Lats and hands weren't feeling it.

This metcon absolutely destroyed me. I really had intentions on doing this in 8 minutes, unbroken, with minimal to no breaks. Didn't exactly turn out that way. Had to break the 20 and 15 set on the swings and the 20 set on the WB. Working on doing more of a SDHP into a press for the swings. I find that it's a little easier to know that I'm getting the bell vertical that way. First time I really felt winded in a workout in a while. All other workouts this week were muscle fatigue rather than lung fatigue. Good to feel wrecked at the end of a workout again. I honestly thought that a lot of people were going to get me on that as much as I was resting.

No comments:

Post a Comment