Wednesday, January 27, 2010

1/27 failed muscle-ups and decent metcon

Muscle-ups

I was never great at muscle-ups, but they have completely disappeared lately on me. Recruiting Kurt to help reteach me. Kind of nervous about these popping up somewhere in the future, and failing miserable. Set the clock for 20 minutes and completed 0. Ouch.

Metcon:

4 rounds of: 300M Row, 15 thrusters @ 45#, 10 pull-ups

7:58

I feel that fast transitions on and off the rower are huge on these kinds of workouts. Had the straps a little loose so I wasn't wasting 10-15 seconds getting on and off the rower. All thrusters were unbroken. Worked to keep hands on the bar the whole time on the pull-ups. Came off a couple of times, but never rested.

Need to start making metcons with heavy weight match up with light metcons. I feel really comfortable with light weights, but am still hesitant to get back to the bar with heavier weights. I just have to convince myself that I am capable of doing it more quickly. Pick it up and go. Feels like I'm repeating myself here.

2 comments:

  1. Do the lose straps affect you at all while you're rowing? I always waste a ton of time getting out of the straps on the rower, but I just figured they had to be tight to get the most out of the row.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, sorry for the delay. If you have them just slightly loose, you can transition in and out of them much easier. Play with it a little bit. Depending on the workout, you can save 30 seconds to a minute on quick transitions. What's better rowing a 1:45 pace and taking 20 seconds to get in and out, or a 1:55 pace and taking 5 seconds?

    ReplyDelete