Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1/5/10 Two-a-day

First two-a-day I've attempted for a while. Actually felt pretty solid for both metcons.

12 pm

Press 3-3-3+ (111/127/143x5)

First time since we've started this strength cycle that I haven't pr'd on the press. I don't think this is my optimal time for training the strength lifts. Will hit it again next week and see what happens.

4 rounds of: 15 pull-ups/15 push press

5:07

Felt pretty decent on this. First round of pull-ups unbroken. After that they were all over the place. Still need to continue to work on staying on the bar. Push press was only broken on round three. Got a little mentally soft. Flipped to see what Joey's time was yesterday on my last set of pull-ups (5:09). After he destroyed me on Fran last week, it felt good to get him back on this one.

4 pm

Worked on full snatch a little. Pulls felt great, but I was all over the place receiving the bar. I need to get some video footage broken down to see what I'm doing. Haven't full snatched in a while. Need to put that back on the priority list.

10 min AMRAP of: 3 front squat @195#/6 burpees/9 KBS @72#

7 full rounds

Probably rested a bit too much between sets, but did everything unbroken. Front squat weight was just heavy enough that it scared me a bit in the later rounds. I don't think I really needed as long of breaks as I was taking. Overall, felt pretty decent, and getting the last round finished was a good push.

1 comment: