Tuesday, January 26, 2010

1/26 Oly training and mediocre metcon

Decided to join the crew of CFC'ers going up to Buffalo Grove and get some coaching from Roger Nielsen. Headed up with Kurt and did about an hour+ of position work on the snatch. Everything really helped in getting through the movement, and made it a lot easier to pinpoint where I'm making mistakes. Got a little cut short in the cleans and jerks, but I feel a lot more comfortable with those movements than the snatch. Going to try to make it up there once every week or two.

Rushed back to get in the box today before class to get today's workout done.

5 rounds of: 7 hang cleans/7 burpees

5:20

Pretty happy with the performance, but my legs were a little smoked from the Oly work. I don't think I could have done this much faster today. Quads were pretty spent. Pretty confident I could do this unbroken fresh, but those were not the circumstances today. I feel the Oly work was definitely worth the trade. New day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment