Tuesday, January 19, 2010

1/19 Pick up the bar!

Power Snatch

108x5-124x5-141x15

In retrospect, I kind of wish I would have just done Isabel. Never done an rx'd version of this. Weight felt really good. Thinking about giving that a shot sometime this weekend. Used to be one that I was scared of, I think I could do it in around 3 minutes though.

3x5 GHD Raise

Getting a lot better at these. It doesn't feel like my hamstrings are going to tear off the bone when I do these now. So, that's a positive.

Metcon:

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
144# power cleans (60% of 240)
ring dips

5:46

As good as ring dips have ever felt in a WOD. Cleans were all fast and unbroken.

The one thing that I do need to work on is picking the bar up faster. This was the only issue yesterday and today. I doubt myself if I can complete the set if I rush to pick the bar up, however I haven't failed any reps with a barbell in a metcon for a while. Need to start pushing the envelope on what my body can really tolerate. Breaks were never more than 3-5 seconds tonight, but that does add up quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment