Saturday, January 23, 2010

1/23 unplanned two-a-day

7:00 a.m. WOD

Back Squat

216x5-249x5-283x10

Not my best effort. It's always an adjustment for me trying to get good strength numbers in the morning.

Pull-ups

DH 8/5 Kipping 16

Hands were a little beat up, and wanted to save them for the TTB's.

10 rounds of: 3 Thruster @135#/6 Toes-to-bars/9 box jumps @24"

9:49

Thrusters and box jumps were all unbroken and fast. Did the TTB's w/out letting go of bar through round 6. Definitely can't call them fast or unbroken though. Just decided to keep my pace on them by landing and resetting after each rep. Good push on the last round to get sub 10. which was the goal.

4:30 p.m.

For time:
100 Double Unders
25 HSPU
20 Thruster - 135#
50 BJ - 14 inch
25 Ring Dips
20 Hang Squat Clean - 135#
Row 500m
25 Push-ups
20 Power Clean & Push Press - 135#

21:42

Had no intentions of doing this going into the day, but Alex, Derek, John G, and Chris were all going. I haven't competed with a crew like that in a metcon for a while, so I made the decision. Had I known that I was going to do this I probably wouldn't have done the metcon earlier in the day, but the thrusters were actually fine. Fastest parts for me were double-unders, box jumps, and hang squat cleans. Decided to kip the handstand push-ups head to floor. Wasn't too bad. I haven't done those for a while. I figured you never know what is going to be thrown out at Sectionals. If HSPU are thrown out in a WOD without being defined as no kipping, it's worth having the kip in my bag of tricks. Ring dips probably were the biggest separation between Derek and me, got me by 15-20 seconds. Tried running him down on the final set of clean and push press, but didn't have it. The push press made it much harder than using a jerk.

1 comment: