Monday, January 25, 2010

1/25 double up

Press 110x3-126x3-141x6

Another unsatisfying effort on the press. I don't press too well in volume. Not using that as an excuse, but my output just hasn't matched up with squats and olympic movements.

Ring dips 8/5/4

Shoulders actually felt really good today, but I didn't want to overdo it with the handstand push-ups. Last week my left shoulder just felt a little tweaked. Wasn't sure if I was going to press or not going into the day, but it held up ok on the warm-up. Ring dips are definitely a challenge for me so I decided to get them in today. No kip.

Metcon

3 rounds
Work 1 minute at each station rest 1 minute at the end of each round for total reps

3:00 pm
20# WB - 30-27-26
72# KBS - 22-16-14
DU's - 62-50-61
Total 308

7:30 pm
DU's - 95-76-65
20# WB - 25-19-20
53# KBS - 26-19-20
Total 365

DId the first effort on my own, and just wanted to go through the series in order and see what I could get. Double-unders aren't really something that need work. Also, opted for the 72# KB the first time. I had some issues stabilizing the bell vertically at the top. Lost balance and over shot it a few times. After seeing a few people who are good at double-unders start with them, I just got curious and wanted to see what I could get that way. I really wasn't too fatigued from the first effort, the KBS were too slow, and I wanted to get more metcon out of this one. More winded the 2nd time, but it still wasn't the breath stealer I was hoping for. Interesting to see what the discrepancy was doing this starting with a strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment