Friday, January 8, 2010

1/8/10

A couple of days behind here.

Wednesday

5 rounds of: 20 double-unders/20 push-ups/20 squats

8:21

I don't think I could have done this one much faster. Only missed one double-under, and did squats fast and unbroken. Push-ups are a definite weakness of mine. So, I just tried to grind through them and not do reps when I was too fatigued.

Thursday

Opted to go 4 days in a row with all days including squats. Legs surprisingly still feel really good. Not sure how that is possible, but I plan on taking advantage on that over the weekend.

Established new 1RM on Overhead Squat at 245

Pretty happy with the way that felt. I think I 255 may have been possible, but I missed the jerk and didn't have time to give it another shot.

Metcon: 42-30-18 OH Lunges 45#/21-15-9 pull-ups

5:05

Did this one solo. Paced the lunges more than I needed. I really thought my shoulders and legs were going to fatigue quickly going into it, but they felt pretty decent. Pull-ups felt a lot better than they have been lately. Didn't get too winded at any point during the workout.

Also, worked on butterfly pull-ups for a while afterwards. Not sure if I'm going to try to stick with doing these or not. My shoulders felt wrecked today. I just need to continue to make a commitment to working on pull-ups more during the week. They have never been a strong suit of mine. After checking the times on the board today, it became pretty clear that we have a ton of members who have flown passed me on those. I could just say it's because of my height, but no excuses. Get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment