Monday, January 4, 2010

Back at it

I've been on a little hiatus over the holidays. Definitely was ready to get back after it today. I'm going to toy with doing two-a-days once to twice/week starting tomorrow. Just want to see if I can handle the volume with recovery.

Today's WOD
Back Squat 5-5-5+ at 201-232-264x13
HSPU to 1 abmat - 7/4/3
4 min AMRAP of Power Clean and Jerk @ 197 x 15 reps

Back squats have been feeling really good lately. Getting a lot stronger mentally getting through 5-6 more reps once they start getting challenging. Happy with the way this strength program has gone for me. PR's every day.

Clean and jerks felt pretty good. Decided going into it that I was only going to squat clean if I failed a power clean. Power cleans continued to go up smoothly, so I stuck with those. Did all split jerks.

HSPU and basically all bodyweight movements continue to be my weakness. I will be adding some supplemental training throughout the upcoming weeks to increase my capacity with those. However, I am not going to drop any weight to get better at them. My strength gains have been great over the past three months since I've increased my daily caloric intake. I have been staying paleo throughout this as well, minus post workout shake.

I still feel like my strength needs to get a lot better if I'm ever really going to take my CrossFitting to the next level. This really has been a struggle for me, but I really enjoy seeing the strength numbers going up right now. I was plateaued for almost two years on the strength side and have been setting PR's every day now. This may not be my year for being competitive for sectionals or regionals, but I'm ok with that.

3 month lifting goals
Back Squat 375
Press 180
Deadlift 515
Bench Press 240
Snatch 200
Clean and Jerk 260

3 comments:

  1. Blog! All aboard!

    Back squat and power cleans in the same day? You'd make Mikko really happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about Front Squat?

    Light weight Sevan!

    ReplyDelete